Website Maintenance Services
Keep Your WordPress sites safe, secure, and running optimally.
Next Step’s website maintenance and support service provides; you with updates that take care of your website’s ongoing needs. We ensure that your website stays on top of security updates, we add new material, encourage traffic development, and ensure your website visitors are satisfied.
What To Expect
What Our Clients Say
What Is Website Maintenance?
Website maintenance entails regularly checking your website for issues and mistakes and keeping it updated and relevant. This should be done on a consistent basis in order to keep your website healthy, encourage continued traffic growth, and strengthen your website’s Google rankings.
If your website is not regularly maintained you’ll eventually lose credibility, as well as sales. Keeping your website well maintained and attractive is important to companies big and small in order to engage and retain customers.
We Are Trusted!
What To Expect?
A well maintained website is crucial in your quest to offer a great customer experience. Your website is the store front of your business, keep it clean by maintaining it or having it maintained.
The developers here at Next Step will keep your website up-to-date on a regular basis based on software security and other releases from technologies, browsers and the search engines. Our developers will also help you add new images, update page copy, or change a link, among other things.
A website that is not maintained is plagued with; slow loading speed, spamming messages, and dead links. All of the above will contribute to horrible user experience. As such, improving your customer experience is critical therefore, website maintenance is vital.
The better your website is performing, the better the experience for your website users. A website that performs terribly will lead to loss in leads.
There is a laundry list of tasks that should be done to keep your website running smoothly. The most time-sensitive of these are website security updates and patches. Without these, your website has the potential to be an actual danger to those who click on it.
With that in mind, here is a list of website maintenance tasks that should be completed regularly:
To be done weekly
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors
- Run a backup and make sure a previous version of your site is stored
- Make updates to website software and plugins
- Check that all of your forms are running properly
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts
- Check your pages to see if there are any broken links
- Search for 404 errors and fix or redirect
- Write one or more blog posts to keep your community engaged and encourage SEO traffic.
To be done monthly
- Check the load speed of your website and ensure that nothing is bogging it down
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place
- Analyze website statistics from the previous month
- Check your blog to see if there are any articles that could be updated
To be done quarterly
- Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
- Review SEO and meta titles and descriptions to ensure they are as effective as possible
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action
- Review your workload for efficiencies to see if anything can be automated
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly
- Review advertising and marketing campaigns to see if anything needs to be changed or updated.
- Restore a previous version of the website to check your backup health
To be done yearly
- Update any reference to the current year
- Review each page for content accuracy, grammar, typos, and relevancy
- Check any active email addresses and see if any are excessive and can be deleted
- Ensure that your website domain name is renewed
- Consider whether a website design update is due
- Review all of your top performing blog articles and see if they can be updated with new content
Frequently Asked Questions
The maintenance plan is what we consider an essential service for running a WordPress website.
In addition to the above-listed features, the maintenance plan provides you with a trusted developer who is on hand to inspect and deal with the random quirks and issues that will occur.
Maintenance investments are usually not planned for but they are necessary to ensure that your website operates consistently and efficiently. If you put off website maintenance to save money, you may not realise you’ve been losing key traffic and sales until it’s too late. Worse, you may be forced to pay for expensive emergency repairs. Website upkeep is always less expensive than website repair in the long term.
A well-maintained website will load quicker, rank higher, generate more leads, run more consistently, and save you money on storage and hosting.
Our goal is to be able to provide a 48-hour turnaround for most tasks and requests. Providing a thorough request is the first step in ensuring this goal is achievable.
For example. Incoming support and update requests that arrive before 4pm Eastern Time will be assigned to our overnight production queue and are typically taken care of by the morning of the following business day.